Skip to main content

Helen L. Burleson has Moxy!


The following eloquent letter was sent to Congressman Joe Wilson (r-sc) by Doctor Helen Burleson of Chicago. Can't you see her shaking her finger in his face like our parents would do for embarrassing and disappointing them?


P T

56 Graymoor Lane

Olympia Fields, IL 60461

September 10, 2009



Joe Wilson, Member

United States Congress

212 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, D. C 20515-4002 903 Port Republic Street

Beaufort, South Carolina 29902

Mr. Wilson:

I am an 80 year old mother and my older child is 51 years old; but, if ever I were to hear him call anyone a liar or rudely and obstreperously tell someone they were telling a lie, I would slap his face. My two children, 41 and 51 respectively, are very well reared as was I. I can remember as a little innocent child calling someone a liar. I only did it one time because the lecture in the form of a lesson in proper decorum sank in, and to this day, I have never called anyone a liar. My mother considered this the ultimate in rudeness and disrespect, not only for the person I called a liar, but for me, myself.

Having learned that lesson at such an early age, it made me cringe when you, at age 62, and a former military man, yelled to the President of the United States of America, “You lie.” As a military man, you know the chain of command; and, you were addressing the Commander in Chief of the United States of America. Of course, President Obama who is a very refined gentleman did not respond and he kept right on target delivering the most brilliant speech I have ever heard. I can say this with a degree of authority because I have been witness to every presidency since Herbert Hoover. Never in the hallowed halls of Congress have I witnessed such coarse, gross, despicable behavior.

I don’t know if your mother is alive or not, but if she is, I’m certain that she hung her head in shame knowing that all over the world you have disgraced her, yourself, your wife, your four sons, your office, your constituency and your country. Children of good breeding, who are properly reared carry the teachings of their parents throughout their lives. At 80 everything I do is tested against, “what would my mother think of that?” I would never defame her precious memory by demonstrating lack of self control and a knowledge of the social graces that separate women from ladies and men from gentlemen.



My mother was a proper Southern genteel lady who commanded respect because of the way she carried herself. I would think that your being from the South, you would have gotten some of that good ole Southern hospitality and gentility that seems to be characteristic of intelligent people of the South.

I do so hope you will listen to the foreign media as I did late last night. You are an international disgrace because from Ireland to China and England, your crudity was the main topic of conversation.

I note that you have a law degree. I wonder how proud your alma mater, University of South Carolina Law School , was of you tonight as you showed to the world that education without character is vacuous and meaningless. There is a popular expression of people with degrees who lack common sense, they are referred to as “educated fools.”

If you were playing to the media and to the camera for attention, you succeeded because your worldwide legacy will be that you were the ill-suited and ill-placed person who demeaned himself in the halls of Congress for the first time in U S history.



Written with embarrassment for my country,



Helen L. Burleson, Doctor of Public Administration



The Heart That Gives, Gathers

pathomas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donald J. Trump, Terrorist

Donald J. Trump is the GOP front-runner for the Presidential nomination and he is a terrorist. I wish I was being hyperbolic, but I am not. Anyone who has been following the circus that is the GOP nominating process has to understand things have gotten really real if this guy is at the head of the pack. First of all, let's define the term "terrorist": "A person, group, or organization that uses violent action, or the threat of violent action, to further political goals." - Wiktionary.org This is Trump's entire political platform. He use fear of violent action from blacks, Muslims, China...anyone who is not white to galvanize the less than intellectual Americans who make up his base. For Trump, there is now limit to race baiting, xenophobia, slander, of just plain lying if it is going to advance his political career. When Trump first announced he was running for President, I like many others thought this was a stunt to hype ratings for his reality t.v.

Scott Roeder was found guilty of first-degree murder for the assassination of Dr. George Tiller

Scott Roeder was found guilty of first-degree murder for the assassination of Dr. George Tiller. Despite mounting a "justified murder" defense, Scott Roeder was convicted today of the First-degree murder of Dr. George Tiller by a Kansas jury! Roeder, and avid anti-abortion rights activist shot and killed Dr. Tiller, an abortion provider as the Doctor attend Sunday morning services last year. Roeder, an extremist, sought to convince the jury he was justified in killing the doctor because the doctor performed late-term abortions. Dr. Tiller's was one of very few clinics where women could go to have their pregnancies ended in the Kansas area. Prior to his death, Dr. Tiller was charged with a criminal act in performing the abortions, but was later acquitted. It took the Kansas jury only 37 minutes to convict Roeder. He has been found guilty of premeditated, first-degree murder in the assassination of Dr. Tiller. No matter which side you come down on concerning abor