Skip to main content

France is a step closer to banning coverings for Muslim women




There have been calls for Parliament to ban outright the wearing of Burkas by Muslim women. While there has been no all out ban, there has been a call for such women to be made to remove the covering when dealing in public situations. I find this entirely absurd! These women are practicing their faith and harming no one in doing so. The anti-Islam/Muslim sentiment is going way too far. Christians all around the world would be in an uproar if they were told they could not wear a Crucifix in public as would any other Religious practice. We are creating an environment in which those who are radical in a religion can say, "see how they treat us? This is why we are angry and act out."  This is not the way to go. Every single person should have the right to practice their beliefs in whatever manner they choose as long as it is not harming anyone else. I find myself being very proud of Muslim women when I see them wearing the Hijab. I am a Christian, more spiritual than religious, but I respect the right of these women to wear their religious statement. Perhaps we should tell Nuns not to wear their Habit when they are about in public. Or maybe the Clergy should not wear their collars. No one would go for that! But because we are speaking of the Muslim faith, it is permissible. We speak so highly of Democracy and freedom, of the right to have a religious practice without the the government bearing down on us, but yet we seek to deny that to a particular group of people because we do not understand their practice. We are such hypocrites! Let these women practice their faith and if it makes you uneasy, then look away. It is like this..."when they came for the Jews, I did not say anything because I was not Jewish.." (I paraphrase, but we all know the quote.) When "they come for YOU who will protest? NO ONE, because everyone will be gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthony Weiner is in love with his penis, aren't most men?

Aside from the birth of the Royal baby, the news has been preoccupied with former U.S. Representative and current New York Mayoral candidate, Anthony Weiner's obsession with sending strangers pictures of himself. What a scandal! A man, a man I tell you, is obsessed with his penis and can’t help but show it off! I mean, from a very early age they become enthrall by it, and let’s be fair, they have to handle it every day…several times a day! How could the world possibly be surprised? Wait, the world isn’t. Only in America is this news. Maybe not all or even most men are sending pictures of themselves to strange women, but a lot are, and who cares? Yes…yes…I know…he is in a position of power…he was a Senator…he has an obligation to the public…Yes, all of that is true, but again I ask, why is this news? It’s not really, but it sells and it distracts us from the real issues the country is facing at the moment. Just like the Royal baby, Anthony Weiner’s “scandal” is a way for the med

Donald J. Trump, Terrorist

Donald J. Trump is the GOP front-runner for the Presidential nomination and he is a terrorist. I wish I was being hyperbolic, but I am not. Anyone who has been following the circus that is the GOP nominating process has to understand things have gotten really real if this guy is at the head of the pack. First of all, let's define the term "terrorist": "A person, group, or organization that uses violent action, or the threat of violent action, to further political goals." - Wiktionary.org This is Trump's entire political platform. He use fear of violent action from blacks, Muslims, China...anyone who is not white to galvanize the less than intellectual Americans who make up his base. For Trump, there is now limit to race baiting, xenophobia, slander, of just plain lying if it is going to advance his political career. When Trump first announced he was running for President, I like many others thought this was a stunt to hype ratings for his reality t.v.

Here again

Ok...ok...so I have been slacking. But I am back. So much as been going in the vast political world that is hard to recap all of it, so I won't do it! I will be posting more frequently...promise. Before I go, please checkout http://wearecitizenradio.com/home.htm this is a fantastic podcast! Ttyl