Skip to main content

Thou hast slain me!!



I generally do not post full video of a particular event, but in case anyone missed it, you have to see it! President Obama sauntered into the lion's den and slayed them all! It was magnificent to watch! Every Republican talking point was on full display during the Q&A session and he met each question head on. For months, the Right has blasted the President as having to have a teleprompter in order to answer "the hard questions." I think it is safe to assume that lie has been lain to rest. The President was cool and confident as he was assaulted verbally by the opposition. Every question asked was answered, and in the end, he shone. I found the honesty with which he met outright lies and misdirections to be refreshing and pleasant. There were several times when I couldn't help but cheer! The man showed why he deserves to be the leader of the Free World. No matter what questions or assertions the Republicans made, he held his own, and I could not have been prouder. For the first time, he openly called them out to their faces and let them know he is on the job. One moment I especially loved was when he let them know, when they hand him proposals, he actually reads them. That has been an argument of theirs for a very long time, that he and the Democrats have not given their proposals a fair hearing. LIE! The President deftly informed them he has indeed read what they submit, but if there is no good policy or constructive alternatives, he can't include their ideas. He was brilliant. I was becoming concerned with his efforts to be bipartisan with a group who only knows how to be partisan. From the State of the Union to this Q&A, my faith has been renewed! This is the man I voted for! I am pleased he has decided to be forthright and do the people's business and tell those not wanting to do the same, to kick rocks! You go POTUS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donald J. Trump, Terrorist

Donald J. Trump is the GOP front-runner for the Presidential nomination and he is a terrorist. I wish I was being hyperbolic, but I am not. Anyone who has been following the circus that is the GOP nominating process has to understand things have gotten really real if this guy is at the head of the pack. First of all, let's define the term "terrorist": "A person, group, or organization that uses violent action, or the threat of violent action, to further political goals." - Wiktionary.org This is Trump's entire political platform. He use fear of violent action from blacks, Muslims, China...anyone who is not white to galvanize the less than intellectual Americans who make up his base. For Trump, there is now limit to race baiting, xenophobia, slander, of just plain lying if it is going to advance his political career. When Trump first announced he was running for President, I like many others thought this was a stunt to hype ratings for his reality t.v.